Job Title: Insights Intern
Start Date: 1st March 2021
Reporting to: Innovation Lead; Project Lead
Duration: 6 months
About the Innovation Unit:
The innovation unit helps organisations build products and services their customers love.
We use strategy, creativity, sector and business insights, and technology; bringing our vast experience supporting high-growth ventures to co-create what’s next.
About the Projects Team:
The projects team supports entrepreneurs from idea to investment stage through various bespoke programmes in partnership with private and public sector partners. Entrepreneurs are equipped with the right knowledge and skills to thrive in the ecosystem and successfully scale their businesses.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Innovations):
- Support research in the areas of human-centred design and lean methodologies for the development of innovative products, programs and services on behalf of BongoHive and BongoHive clientele.
- Support the application and extension of project work using the latest understanding of corporate, social and student-led innovation to meet the challenges of this fast moving environment.
- Support the identification of the latest technologies and program design for innovation projects.
- Apprentice under Innovations Lead to learn program/process design.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Collect and analyze research data.
- Prepare interview questions.
- Recruit and/or interview subjects.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
- Summarize interviews.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Assist with preparation of all programs/workshops and evaluation strategies.
- Participate in developing the ‘Innovations Insights’ framework for the duration of their internship.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Projects):
- Work collaboratively with the Projects Lead and team to maximize productivity.
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met within project teams.
- Conduct project research to assist with project planning and execution.
- Demonstrate commitment to clients’ needs and confidentiality continuously.
- Documenting project resourcing needs, availability and commitments.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a tech-first, fast-paced, asynchronous team.
- Proclivity for learning new, and seemingly complex methodologies.
- A positive attitude and professional appearance and manner (in written and verbal communication).
- Ability to learn and effectively use new software and other technology to manage operational processes.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work both collaboratively or independently as tasks require.
- Ability to present research reports and develop presentations using PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Excellent computer skills, not limited to, Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Professional writing and proofreading
Deadline for applications:
Monday 22nd February 2021, 5 PM GMT+2
Job Title: Community Liaison Intern
Reporting to: Community Liaison
Duration: 6 months.
About Community Liaison :
The Community Liaison represents BongoHive to the community at large through the development and maintenance of relationships with members, key community groups, external agencies, and/or other interested parties. Analyzes and interprets a variety of data, makes recommendations and creates appropriate actions to meet community needs.
The Intern will be expected to:
- Be present for scheduled weekly updates on learnings, achievements, lessons, identified opportunities and challenges in the week prior and the week ahead.
- Assist “Entrepreneurship Programme Leads” in communicating with members, cohorts, and the community at large
- To assist manage the application & communications process within all BongoHive Entrepreneurship programmes (Discover, Launch and Thrive) and Bootcamps/Challenges.
- To assist craft and execute community engagement related strategies and activities
- The intern will also be expected to participate in wider BongoHive activities (meetings, events, etc), should his/her tasks be completed. These may include but are not limited to activities carried out by the Entrepreneurship, M & E, Marketing and Communications departments, Social Enterprise Academy, as well as BongoHive Consult.
- Staying up-to-date on social media tools and best practices.
- To set up Google Classroom with the required information for the Entrepreneurship programme and assist participants to use platforms such as Google Drive, Google Meet and Zoom.
- To communicate with Entrepreneurship programme participants regarding their programme— reminders, updates, and any other information.
- Assist with research for the development of some of the entrepreneurship programmes.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Open-minded, positive, and eager to learn and gain a lot of awesome experiences
- Experience with managing/using social platforms Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube is essential.
Deadline for applications:
Monday 22nd February 2021, 5 PM (GMT+2)
BongoHive is committed to employment equity initiatives, and to having a team that reflects the diversity of the issues and communities we work with. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that applicants may bring, including those based on race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, ability, age, and religion. We welcome both lived and academic experience, and encourage applicants to note this in their application. In our inclusive workplace everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair, and respectful treatment.