We work with great minds building viable solutions that change the world.
We have supported over 1300 enterprises through programmes that we crafted to guide startups through the entrepreneurial journey; from idea right through to growth.
We collaborate extensively with like-minded organisations and industry leaders in Malawi, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Mozambique to ensure that we are delivering relevant material that helps startups thrive.
Our 24+ partners include a number of Zambian government entities from local to republic level alongside both local and international public and private sector players.
Our hive of great minds also brings entrepreneurial and innovative thinking to corporate organisations to solve problems.
In a bid to strengthen its offerings, BongoHive has evolved to include standalone programmes to deepen the support to entrepreneurs. Thus in 2018, BongoHive acquired the Social Enterprise Academy social franchise and operates one of the thirteen academies found across the globe. The Social Enterprise Academy programme delivers learning and development programmes for individuals and organisations working for social purpose.
This consultancy will provide communications support to assist BongoHive to formulate disseminate information on its various programmes and activities that is aligned and well-articulated. This should, in turn, contribute to improving the profile and visibility efforts of the Social Enterprise Academy Zambia programme by producing communication materials that;
- Develop a strategic alignment for communication activities for the SEA programme, leveraging on BongoHive’s existing communications resources.
- Clearly articulate the position of the programme within the wider programming offered by BongoHive;
- Position the programme both locally and regionally as a key ecosystem player in the social enterprise space;
- Add local context and value to the discussion of social entrepreneurship in Zambia;
- Supports the development of a social enterprise/social impact community of practice.
The consultancy is envisaged to provide support of approximately 20 days over a three month period beginning on 20th July 2020.
- The development of an organizational communications strategy for internal and external communications and outreach.
- The development of a campaign and materials (both print and digital) that achieve the desired objectives of the Social Enterprise Academy programme in terms of profile and visibility
- Development of tools and templates to assist the tracking, monitoring and reporting on communications activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, or other related fields.
5 years of work experience in the field of communications, media relations, or journalism.
Experience working in the field of development, preferably with some experiences in the entrepreneurship, private sector development space with demonstrated experience developing communication materials, and strong examples of writing.
- Outstanding communication, networking and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills and experience in designing and preparing communication materials.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, be dynamic, proactive and creative.
- Understanding of key human development issues.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external actors.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, writing sample of published work (1000 words maximum) and a financial proposal.
Deadline for applications:
30th June 2020, 5 PM GMT+2 – Applications received by this date will take priority; however, late applications will be considered if the position has not been filled.
BongoHive is committed to employment equity initiatives, and to having a team that reflects the diversity of the issues and communities we work with. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that applicants may bring, including those based on race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, ability, age, and religion. We welcome both lived and academic experience, and encourage applicants to note this in their application. In our inclusive workplace everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair, and respectful treatment.