We work with great minds building viable solutions that change the world.
Would you like to join us?
Job Title: Digital Marketing Support Consultant
Reports to: Projects Coordinator
Terms: Short-term Consultancy
Location: Lusaka (Primary);
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for Applications: 23:59hrs, Saturday 7 January 2023
BongoHive supports entrepreneurs of any background, by enhancing skills, accelerating growth, strengthening networks of collaboration, and helping them navigate the barriers to growth. BongoHive delivers its support to enterprises through custom incubation and accelerator programmes.
BongoHive also offers flexible coworking offices for startups and entrepreneurs under the Hive Coworking brand.
Utilising this knowledge of the level and type of support required to build strong cohorts of startups and scale-up enterprises, BongoHive also provides custom interventions to SMEs and corporations through its Consult arm. The Consult team delivers tailored structured innovation and digital transformation consultancy that allows clients to grow their market through new ideas, products, approaches and technology.
BongoHive is putting together a team of Digital Marketing Support Staff to work on a short-term assignment. The Digital Marketing Support Staff will help SMEs achieve their digital marketing goals, such as increasing their online presence and sales. You will assist SMEs with setting up and rebranding their websites and social media pages in order to build their digital footprint by creating online pages for them; assist SMEs in subscribing to and utilising other appropriate digital technologies such as mobile money, e-commerce, and so on; and automate digital content in order to enable SMEs to use the least amount of effort for the greatest return in revenue on digital platforms through content automation. Where necessary, create product catalogues and FAQ sheets for each participating SME.
If you would like to join this team, you will have the following:
- Be the lead accountability partner of the assigned SMEs , ensuring that they meet and accomplish all tasks & objectives related to their adoption of digital marketing tools as well as record keeping of the SMEs progress.
- Support the SMEs in the usage of digital marketing tools for visibility and sales (i.e Facebook business suite & Canva)
- Support SMEs with set up of Social Media accounts
- Action Plan accountability
- Growth Strategy accountability
- Bi-weekly report on SME digitisation progress
- Experience in Digital Marketing
- Competent in the use of Google platforms (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides etc)
- Competent in the setup and optimization of Google My Business
- Able to use MS Word & Excel
- Certificate or Diploma in either Marketing, Business Administration or any related field
- Web development experience will be an added advantage
- Should have their own Laptop & Smartphone
- At least 2 or more years digital marketing experience
- Flexible in availability because your work schedule will mostly depend on the availability of SMEs.
- Be very quick to respond to emails, WhatsApp messages, and phone calls as the assigned SMEs may need your full attention and focused effort.
- The contract period is 10 days, however, the actual days and time to work will always depend on the schedule of SMEs, each staff member will be expected to support 7-8 SMEs with digitization.
BongoHive is committed to employment equity initiatives, and to having a team that reflects the diversity of the issues and communities we work with. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that applicants may bring, including those based on race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, ability, age, and religion. We welcome both lived and academic experience, and encourage applicants to note this in their application. In our inclusive workplace everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair, and respectful treatment.