As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation closely, BongoHive is implementing stricter health and safety practices to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and other stakeholders.
Following the announcement of confirmed cases of the virus in Zambia, we will be following recommendations from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and local imposed policies as directed by the Ministry of Health to mitigate risks.
- We have introduced remote-working for all BongoHive, BongoHive Consult and Social Enterprise Academy Zambia staff. The help desk will still be manned by a team member, however, there will be less staff available at BongoHive at any given time. Please call 0953 017526 or email [email protected] if you require assistance.
- We would encourage The Hive co-workers to work from home where possible.
- The following events have been cancelled or postponed indefinitely:
- EdTech Bootcamp (18th – 20th March
- Africa Innovation Policy Manifesto focus group (21st March)
- EdTech Meetup (31st March)
- Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Cohort 3 Pitch Day
- SPARK Coding and Electronics Bootcamp (April Holidays
We are exploring options to host some programmes online and will continue to update the community of any changes to programmes, events, and meetings planned.
We advise all visitors to our premises to practice high levels of hygiene standards:
- Regular washing of hands using the provided water and sanitation facilities or alcohol-based sanitizers.
- Social distancing if one is experiencing respiratory symptoms such as cough and/or sneezing or has recently returned from a high-risk country.
- Avoiding unnecessary meetings or gatherings at BongoHive.
Cleaning will continue as normal and we will continue to encourage the use of the sanitary materials made available.
BongoHive remains a safe place to work and meet from, but we would encourage visitors and staff to follow these guidelines in order to keep it this way. We will continue to monitor the changes made and will update the community accordingly.
Thank you for your continued support.
Stay safe and healthy!
The BongoHive Team.