BongoHive has selected its latest cohort of Entrepreneurs in its Launch Accelerator, with founders from 9 Zambian startups.
The Launch accelerator is a 6-month programme (a 3 months startup program + 3 months additional business support) developed for startups looking to gain traction and scale up. Startups in the program share co-working space with other Launch startups, are matched with an industry mentor relevant to their startup, have access to one-on-one Legal Consultancy with Musa Dudhia & Co. and regularly work with an in-house Accounting and Finance Lead.
The 8th Launch Accelerator cohort consists:
- Founder Joseph Lubinda
- PayItApp Limited is a technology company with interests in Agriculture, Education, Fintech, Trade, Hospitality and Real Estate.
- Retail: Food Beverages
- Founder Stella Sata
- Burger Queen is Zambia’s fastest growing food truck business, serving the working class with flame grilled, fresh and healthy food at an affordable price.
- Founder: Munalula Lukonga
- Phat Media is Zambia’s first ‘woman focused’ Production and Talent Management Agency.
- Founder: Tafadzwa Kalisto Munzwa
- Dawa inc is a company that was started by visionary youths with an idea to transform the health sector in Africa and globally at large.
- Founder: Natasha Chibuye Maignant
- Merci hair is a Virgin hair company that retails hair in Lusaka and other parts of Zambia.
- Personal Care / Cosmetics
- Founder: Mwansa Kawesha
- Manufacture and sell unique, healthy, affordable, African hair products.
- Founder: Shipo Kapala
- Supplies packaged water that naturally contains the right proportion of minerals and other trace elements which give the body the right nutrients to promote general good health and overall well-being.
- Crowdfunding / Real Estate
- Founder: Mario McLaughlin
- Real estate, construction platform that allows organizations, or individuals to raise capital for innovative projects related to architecture, engineering, and construction fields.
- Founder: Jacob Anz
- CleanTech Energy