BongoHive seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist finance and administration efforts. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for the development of BongoHive’s financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the Finance and Administration Officer will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise the Executive Director and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of BongoHive’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Executive Director informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, on all finance-related matters.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance and operations.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Ensure that BongoHive is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board.
- Provide analytical support to BongoHive’s internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as treasury management, grants payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or accounting or equivalent mandatory
- Must be a member of ZICA.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
- Experience as an employee of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, BongoHive’s board of directors, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for BongoHive’s mission
Email cover letter and detailed CV with the position title placed in the subject line, by 17:00hrs 12th January 2015 to: careers[a]bongohive.com