BongoHive seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and communications while working for a well-known social enterprise.
- Maintain current knowledge of youth entrepreneurship and generate ideas on how to improve existing programs.
- Manage the resource development process for the organization, which includes generating solicitation letters, tracking, assist with pre- and post-event activities.
- Assist in writing for weekly eNewsletter.
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
- Designing flyers, e-vites and other marketing material for major events.
- Help with development of content for social media and website.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Attend assigned meetings with staff and generate meeting reports to the Executive Director.
- As directed, execute other office support functions including any other duties as assigned.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g. Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of website content management and graphic design a plus
- Posses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Requires 3 – 6 month commitment
- As soon as possible.
- Hours: 40 hours/week
Email cover letter and detailed CV with the position title placed in the subject line, before 12th January 2015 to: careers[a]bongohive.com