BongoHive seeks to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead to support the organizations commitment to employing a robust Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) practices to demonstrate our development, impact and accountability. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead in collaboration with BongoHive Senior Management and relevant stakeholders will develop BongoHive’s approach to monitoring and evaluation / impact assessment – in order to strengthen accountability, demonstrate impact and drive programme improvement. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead will also in collaboration with programs staff devise reporting forms and protocols, using digital data collection tools where appropriate.
Essentially, in this part-time role, you will be responsible for all things monitoring, evaluation and learning. We have a suite of different programmes as well as partners and funders. Your role is to set up outcomes and indicators to help us drive decision making and understand the impact of each one of our programmes. You NEED to love what you do and passionately believe in BongoHive’s goal of driving the development of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Zambia.
- Create the MEL framework, process and tools for all BongoHive programming
- Create a series of quantitative and qualitative tools for startups to use on evaluating their businesses’ performance and then teach the created material during relevant programmes
- Collect and effectively store all reoccurring and one-off monitoring qualitative and quantitative data
- Analyse the collected data, identify trends and track performance to targets
- Present this information to the team in a clear and usable manner at regular intervals
- Ensure that beneficiaries’ and partners’ MEL requirements are met
- Support any external evaluation when required
- Share organisational and market learning both internally and externally on a quarterly basis
Suggested Experience & Qualifications
- MS Office and particularly a great understanding of Excel is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field
- Five years of working experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Believes in the power of business to drive positive social and environmental change
Not required but would get our attention:
- Leadership experience with a quickly growing startup or small business is a huge asset
- A track record in understanding the needs of startups and small businesses
- International education and/or experience
- Teaching experience
This is a part-time role from our office in Lusaka. The salary is in line with the industry and the title is Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Lead which reports to the Executive Director.
- Strong voice and a leader
- Visionary yet pragmatic
- Are you a Woman?
Although this position is open to men and women alike, we are strongly encouraging women to apply. Women are 49.59% of the world’s population so women need 49.59% of the awesome jobs, like this one.
Want to Apply?
Email your resume to [email protected] along with a concise introductory email telling us why you’re awesome and the perfect fit for this role. Applications will be accepted until March 2, 2016.